Title: Assistant director – Legal & Secretarial
Sector: Not for profit: University and Research related
Job Location: Chennai
Exp: Minimum 5-6 years of experience as a corporate lawyer or an in-house legal counsel with secretarial role
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Law (LLB), Company Secretary (CS)
Salary: As per Institution standard
- Preparation of Notices, Agenda & Minutes for Board and Shareholders Meetings
- Maintenance of Statutory Registers, Filings with relevant authorities
- Develop standard templates for contracts and agreements working closely with external consultants
- Drafting and Review of contracts, Agreements, MOUs, Student Handbooks and Policies and other Legal documents
- Liaison with statutory authorities, external consultants, lawyers etc for legal opinions and consultations in areas pertaining to Labor Laws, POSH, Shops and Establishment Legislations, Contract Labor (Regulation and Abolition) Act, taxation, FCRA, UGC and Andhra Pradesh Private University Act etc. in close coordination with Functional teams.
- Monitoring notices received from statutory authorities and other parties and ensuring appropriate action.
- Providing updates and reports to the internal committees, and the Board on a regular basis on relevant legal issues
- Identifying potential legal and related risks and developing mitigating strategies with stakeholders
- Legal Document Repository – Manage and oversee the Company’s commercial contracting purposes, including contract forms and legal contracts repository.
- Advising management and internal teams on applicable laws and amendments
- Handling of Litigations if required.
- Strong written and oral communication & analytical skills
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is preferred.
Interested candidates mail us at: [email protected]