Organization: Krea University
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Location: Sri City/Chennai
Salary: As per Institution Standards
Experience: 15 to20 years of relevant experience
Qualification: Post Graduate or relevant qualification from reputed institutes
Krea University, one of the leading liberal arts Universities in India, was established in 2018. Currently in its 5th year of operation, Krea’s Interwoven Learning model encourages creativity, critical thinking, communication and cross-disciplinary approach to learning and teaching. At Krea, students are guided by some of the best academic minds from around the world. The mission of Krea is to shape a new generation of adaptable, resilient leaders, giving them the critical thinking skills needed to forge ahead.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Setting the strategic vision for IT that is aligned to realizing the University’s mission through collaborative partnerships with different constituents focused on transforming the marketing, admissions, teaching, learning and research agenda at the University,
- Providing leadership on technology related matters at the University,
- Administering and managing the Information technology services function of the University
- Protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of computer systems, networks and data through strong security protocols and recovery management systems,
- Identification of information and computing needs of the different users at the University and planning, implementation and management of Information technology systems in the University including but not limited to enterprise resource planning, learning management systems, network infrastructure, information security, application software development, communication services etc.
- Technical and budgetary responsibility for purchase / development of technology assets at the University and for decisions pertaining to in-house vs. cloud computing, in-house vs. outsourced etc.
- Supporting the development of a smart campus at Krea not only with respect to the built environment and its management but also with respect to user accessed, user controlled operation of services within the campus.
Any other task as assigned by the management from time to time.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Interested candidates mail us at: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Krea is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the overall organization’s salary structure.