Title: English Language Training tutor – SIAS and GSB
Job Location: Part-time position (3 days a week)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field with experience in English language training.
Salary: As per Institution standard
Krea University is instituted by a team of global academicians and industrialists with a vision for the 21st Century and beyond. Guided by a unique Interwoven Learning model, the programmes encourage creativity, critical thinking, communication, contemplation, cross-disciplinary approaches, real-world implementation, and the ability to negotiate unanswered questions. At Krea University, students are guided by some of the best academic minds drawn from leading universities around the world, a combination of path-breaking young scholars to highly experienced experts. Krea University will shape a new generation of adaptable, resilient leaders, giving them critical thinking skills and the ethical grounding needed to forge ahead.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director with the assessment of student’s English support requirements to identify students who would benefit most from the bridge programme.
- Manage an orientation programme at the start of the academic year for identified students introducing them to frameworks of support available at Krea and how to avail them.
- Assist the Director with teaching beginner and intermediate courses in English language communication offered to undergraduate students during their first two years in the undergraduate programme.
- Offer one-on-one tutoring sessions and put together teaching materials and lesson plans that take into consideration individual student needs and encourage students to express themselves freely and creatively.
- Support undergraduate and postgraduate students with connecting English language training to general course content, CV writing, internship applications, soft-skills and so on.
- Liaise with admissions, outreach, and financial assistance teams to smoothly execute the bridge programme.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Skills and Education
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in any field with experience in English language training.
- Proficiency in Telugu and/or Hindi is essential; former is very important.
- Good project management skills: organization, planning and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and conduct extensive research to develop comprehensive structures of support based on an individual’s unique context.
- Sensitive, empathetic and committed to nurturing an individual student’s talent and confidence.
Krea University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates please mail us at [email protected] with a CV and covering letter by 15 November 2021.