Krea Teaching Fellows for Economics
The Economics Program in the School of Interwoven Arts and Sciences (SIAS) at Krea University invites you to teach and tutor undergraduate students by applying for a Teaching Fellow position. As a Teaching Fellow in the Economics program, you will have an opportunity to participate in the innovative curriculum design and pedagogy being developed at Krea University. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our Economics faculty in all aspects of classroom design & lecturing.
The Teaching Fellows Program at Krea University has been envisioned keeping two principles in mind. First, early-career researchers are often unsure about pursuing an academic trajectory that incorporates both teaching and research largely because they lack prior teaching experience to make an informed decision. The Teaching Fellow program at Krea addresses this imbalance by providing a safe space for early-career academics to explore pedagogy first-hand with the full support and mentorship of the Krea faculty. Second, in order to promote a symbiosis between research and teaching, we encourage our Teaching Fellows to seek and leverage opportunities for professional advancement within and outside the Krea learning environment. In addition, Teaching Fellows will have the option to take any courses offered at Krea.
Educational Qualification: Candidates with a Master’s or M.Phil. degree in Economics or a related field, including Statistics, Operations Research, Demography, Finance, and Business Studies. Doctoral candidates and recent PhDs are also welcome to apply.
Location: Sri City
Remuneration: The remuneration package is competitive.
- Assist faculty in the development and execution of courses in the Economics Majors
Teaching fellows will teach and offer tutoring support for courses in the Economics major at SIAS.
- Facilitate student learning:
Teaching fellows will help maximize the learning experience in larger courses, giving students individual attention and feedback as needed. Leading smaller sections, teaching fellows will explain concepts, break down course content delivered by faculty in large lectures, maintain office hours, and conduct discussions and tutorials. They will help students navigate coursework and assignments, giving them the individualized attention they need.
- Training and peer mentoring programs:
In addition to teaching course sections and assisting faculty instructors, Teaching Fellows will participate in training and peer mentoring programs, building up a reserve of syllabi, lesson plans, and pedagogical materials for Economics program to create a common pool of teaching resources.
Job Location: IFMR GSB, Sri City Campus: # 5655, Central Express Way Sector 24, Sri City Chittoor – 517 646, A.P
- Cover letter that describes your academic interests, your experience as an academic instructor if you have tutored or taught before, and why you’re interested in teaching undergraduate students.
- A chapter from your thesis, or a copy of your MA/MSc thesis or a substantial piece of academic writing.
- One letter of recommendation that speaks of your calibre and potential as a scholar and instructor, explaining why you are suited to teach undergraduate students in your discipline.
- Email these materials to: [email protected]. Please write to this email address if you have any questions.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online.
Please visit the below link for further details on the job posting and application requirements:
SIAS Faculty – https://krea.edu.in/careers
Interested candidates mail us at: [email protected]