Title: Light, Camera, DIT Technician – Media Lab
Job location: Krea Campus, Sricity
Experience: 2-5 years
Educational Qualification: UG/PG (even PGDM) degree in film studies, cinematography or related. (Dip. FM, B.Sc. Viscom, M.Sc. Viscom)
Salary: As per Institution standard
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set up lighting and shooting equipment
- Assemble all the lighting, filter and shooting equipment needed
- Ensure all lighting and shooting equipment is in working order and carry out tests
- Position and plot lighting, keeping record of Lighting situations within interior premises to recreate scenarios
- Pre-rig lighting, ensuring all cables and wires are safely concealed during events and talks.
- Check the focusing of lighting at rehearsals
- Operate and maintain equipment during the shoot
- Change lighting between shots, as necessary
- Programme and operate lighting DMX consoles (Optional)
- De-rig all equipment at the end of the broadcast or production and ensure its safely moved back to lab
- Liaise with and work under the direction of the operations team (who oversees electricals) on campus
- Help students in setting up the same, Educate and train them when needed.
- Visit and assess locations for technical purposes
- Attend meetings to establish lighting requirements
- Liaise with the director of photography and other staff to interpret their creative vision into the lighting design
Requirements and skills:
- Manage the lighting budget and advise on the purchase or hire of suitable equipment (Optional)
- Manage, ensure all visual data are maintained in chronology for access to university as and when needed
- Data management and classification on both local & online NAS boxes is an added bonus. (Basic File MGMT)
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above do not constitute an exhaustive list of tasks. Flexibility is essential and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities.
Any other task as assigned by the management from time to time.
Interested candidates please apply using the below.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Krea is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the overall organization’s salary structure.