Job title: Senior Manager
Department: Office of Student Life
Work Location: Sricity
Exp: Minimum 7-10 years of experience with premier institutions/organizations
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree or equivalent from a top-tier institution
Reporting to: Director, Student Services
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary: As per Institution standard
Krea University, one of the leading liberal arts Universities in India, was established in 2018. Currently in its 5th year of operation, Krea’s Interwoven Learning model encourages creativity, critical thinking, communication and cross-disciplinary approach to learning and teaching. At Krea, students are guided by some of the best academic minds from around the world. The mission of Krea is to shape a new generation of adaptable, resilient leaders, giving them the critical thinking skills needed to forge ahead.
About the Office:
The Office of Student Life drives the extra-curricular, student leadership and development programming of the University which range from creative and performative arts, social and educational programmes, leadership and training opportunities, experiential learning, volunteering opportunities, driving student-led programmes and much more. By championing, guiding and encouraging student organizations, clubs, initiatives and events, the Office promotes maximum student participation and involvement in Campus life. The Office Student Life firmly believes in the principle of diversity and inclusion and aspires to build a campus culture that is deeply rooted in this ideology. Through various programmes and activities, the Office strives to give students the best of opportunities and nurture a culturally, socially and intellectually enriching environment on campus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a key member driving the Office of Student Life, you are expected to oversee and be responsible for the overall student experience outside the classroom at Krea University. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Student Engagement and Learning
- Work towards integrating in-class and out-of-class learning and realizing the potential of Interwoven Learning
- Facilitate functioning of student clubs and societies
- Curate intramural sports and cultural events (within Krea)
- Partner with other universities for intercollegiate sports and cultural events
- Plan and execute thematic workshops, speaker series and town-halls
- Oversee and curate ‘Orientation Week’ programmes for all academic programmes at the beginning of the academic year
- Student Governance
- Build a community grounded in values of diversity, inclusivity, and camaraderie
- Oversee development of community norms, policies, and procedures related to student life keeping in mind the differences in approach required for undergraduate and MBA students.
- Moderate student forums to understand student concerns and ideas
- Work closely with the student government to address day-to-day challenges
- Oversee the adherence to University policies and management of disciplinary infractions in the University to ensure a positive living environment for all members of the community
- Student Wellness
- Oversee the Health Centre on campus to ensure access to good healthcare for students
- Work with existing partners/vendors providing University health services
- Ensure timely communication with parents and other stakeholders in situations of medical and other emergencies
- Ensure training for all first responders and protocols for mental and physical health emergencies
- Work with Inclusive Learning Support (ILS) to coordinate support for students that require special assistance/with disabilities and/or struggling with severe mental health and psychiatric issues
- Plan regular activities around Yoga, mindfulness, and other contemplative practices to build a culture of wellness
- Residential Life
- Curate residential activities and events to build a vibrant residential experience.
- Constantly innovate to make the campus a laboratory for learning and life-skills
- Work along with the campus administration to keep residential halls substance free
- Act as an intermediary channel of communication between Operations Team and Students to ensure redressal of residential life challenges
- Coordination with key Offices and Stakeholders
- Ensure information sharing and coordination as and when necessary with stakeholders such as parents and other key offices such as Operations, Communications, Inclusive Learning Support, Development Office, SIAS Academic Office, Exam Office etc
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Interested candidates mail us at: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Krea is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the overall organization’s salary structure.