Organization: Krea University
Job Title: Student Welfare Officer
Location: Full-time position based out of Sri City, Andhra Pradesh. He/she will have to reside on the University campus
Remuneration: As per institution standard
Role and Responsibilities:
The position reports to the Dean of Student /affairs and Director of Student Life
- Serve as the point of contact for all health (physical & mental) and welfare related matters concerning students. Coordinate with the Doctors, staff at the health center and the external Counsellors.
- Provide expert short-term counseling/psychological therapy to clients from the Krea community, both individually and in groups, maintaining confidentiality
- Provide professional clinical assessments and make appropriate decisions regarding the potential course of action for students
- Ensure adequate protocols are set up at the University level to address mental health emergencies. Provide supervision and guidance to key stakeholders and offices for addressing mental health emergencies on campus
- Work and collaborate with the various Offices at Krea (Student Life, HR, Inclusive Learning Support) to deliver training in the areas of mental health and wellbeing for university staff, faculty and students during orientation week and induction sessions aimed at raising awareness of the service and appropriate referral mechanisms.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines and the Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions code.
- Work to ensure the availability of relevant and accessible information on a range of student wellbeing issues and host workshops/talks and campaigns to create a culture of well-being on campus
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Skills and Education
- At least a Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling psychology, clinical psychology, or related fields. An M.Phil. in the field of psychology will be an advantage
- 2-3 years of experience working with young people using counseling methods and at least 2 years of experience working under clinical supervision. Must be queer-affirmative and have a deep consciousness of caste, class, religion, gender and disability intersections.
- Evidence of mental health training or qualifications. Demonstrable skills and experience in relation to conducting clinical assessments, including the management of risk
- Should be comfortable with communicating in English language. Knowledge of languages such as Tamil/Telugu/Hindi will be an additional advantage but not essential
- Ability to work within safeguarding procedures
- Good IT skills, sufficient for producing reports/presentations, and for monitoring purposes. Ability to professionally operate meetings via digital platforms
- Should be willing to reside on campus
Krea University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates please mail us at [email protected] , with subject line: “Student Welfare Officer”, with a CV and Cover letter.
3 to 5 years experience, preferably with young adults
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Qualification Required Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling psychology, clinical psychology, or related fields. An M.Phil. in the field of psychology will be an advantage
Field(s) of Study. Psychology/ Social work with counselling Psychology