Title: Video Editor – Media Lab
We are looking for a talented Video Editor with 2-5 years of experience to assemble recorded video into a finished project that matches the vision of the brief and is suitable for broadcasting. Ultimately, as a Film & Video Editor, the candidate should be able to bring sight & sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
Job location: Krea Campus, Sricity
Experience: 2-5 years
Educational Qualification: UG/PG (even PGDM) degree in film studies, cinematography or related. (Dip. FM, B.Sc. Viscom, M.Sc. Viscom)
Salary: As per Institution standard
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Understand the production team’s needs and specifications upon receiving the brief.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover & implement new editing technologies & industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages like (e.g. DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- The ability to create basic Motion Graphics in 3D/2D is an asset.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Basic or midrange proficiency with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above do not constitute an exhaustive list of tasks. Flexibility is essential and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities.
Any other task as assigned by the management from time to time.
Interested candidates please apply using the below.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Krea is an equal opportunities employer. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian non-profit pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the overall organization’s salary structure.